The AAEA is a professional association composed of all members of twelve state education administrator organizations. The groups and their associated acronyms are listed below.
AASBO - Business Officials
AASBO is a constituent organization under an umbrella of related associations, all of which form the Arkansas Association of Education Administrators whose members are school leaders from across the state.
AASBO has grown in membership from 1976-1977, when we had 24 total members, to a 2018-2019 membership of 615. We continue to get our insight and impetus from the local school district level, where our members serve and work.
The issues that are critical in school business management, fiscal accountability and support for the effective delivery of instruction, are central to AASBO concerns. That central focus is what makes membership in AASBO a benefit to school business leaders across the state.
The AASBO Board is comprised of representation from all congressional districts of the state, as well as officers who have served in various positions, and the AAEA executive director. This provides continuity, fair representation, and leaders who have developed a sense of needs experienced in school business.
AASBO continues to work to influence and impact the constant change in legislation and rule that affects school business in Arkansas. The Legislative Committee works between and during legislative sessions to promote sound and sensible legal frameworks under which the focuses of our organization can be achieved, and school business functions can effectively support instruction.
The Certified Arkansas School Business Official (CASBO) training program has been a long-standing opportunity for school business officials to receive instruction from experts and experienced persons in various areas of our profession. Most recently AASBO has been named in law as a primary deliverer of state-required training in the Arkansas School Accounting Practices professional development program (ASAP). This opportunity has been dovetailed into the CASBO program, and many classes offered count for both programs.
AACTEA - Career & Technical Administrators
- The Arkansas Association of Career and Technical Education Administrators (AACTEA) is a professional education association open to persons engaged in any phase of the administration of career and technical education programs.
Click here for AACTEA Regions
AACIA - Curriculum Administrators
- The Arkansas Association of Curriculum & Instruction Administrators (AACIA) is a professional education association open to people interested or engaged in any phase of school administration, directly or indirectly related to curriculum and instruction.
AAFC - Federal Coordinators
- The Arkansas Association of Federal Coordinators (AAFC) is a professional education association open to persons engaged in any phase of administration of federal programs. AAFC affiliated with the Arkansas Association of Educational Administrators in 2007. See links at the top left for additional information on this organization.
AAGEA - Gifted Education Administrators
- The Arkansas Association of Gifted Education Administrators (AAGEA) is a professional education association open to persons engaged in any phase of gifted and talented education administration or supervision.
ArkASPA - Personnel Administrators
- The Arkansas Association of School Personnel Administrators (ArkASPA) is a professional education association open to all persons engaged in any phase of school personnel administration.
ASPMA - Plant Managers
- Organized in 1972, the Arkansas School Plant Management Association’s goals are to determine the nature, extent and quality of non-instructional services required for the educational program and to promote the development of these services by establishing acceptable policies, standards and practices. ASPMA will develop a working relationship with instructional personnel to foster the progress and improvement of the educational program. ASPMA will also promote the professional advancement of its members and promote a close working relationship with the State Department of Education to meet the needs, challenges and opportunities for the students of tomorrow. Membership is open to all persons responsible for the management and day to day maintenance operations of the educational facilities.
AAESP - Elementary School Principals
- The Arkansas Association of Elementary School Principals (AAESP) is an organization open to principals and those persons who are employed in professional work related to the elementary school principal.
AAMLA - Middle Level Administrators
- The Arkansas Association of Middle Level Administrators (AAMLA) is a professional education association open to principals and those persons engaged in any phase of school administration, directly or indirectly, related to middle level education.
AASSP - Secondary School Principals
- The Arkansas Association of Secondary School Principals (AASSP) is a professional education association open to persons engaged in practicing or teaching secondary school administration and/or supervision.
AASEA - Special Education Administrators
- The Arkansas Association of Special Education Administrators (AASEA) is a professional education association open to persons engaged in any phase of special education administration or supervision, including those serving public or private educational institutions.
AASA - Superintendents & Central Office Administrators
- The Arkansas Association of School Administrators Superintendents (AASA) is a professional education association open to superintendents, assistant superintendents, and all central office school administrators who serve in public and/or private educational institutions, persons having instructional responsibilities in the field of educational administration, the State Department of Education and the Department of Higher Education.